Tuesday 7 June 2016

The Final Piece- The Show... Exodus

So came the day of the show where I would exhibit my final design in a choreographed catwalk show. In this post, I will note any changed I made to the makeup, hair and costume design and evaluate how successful my piece was as a whole.

Makeup application
The only changes I made to the makeup on the day involved the snow decoration on the face and hair. Instead of only using snow paste, I applied artificial snow and silver leaf on top to add more texture. I thought the silver leaf would add a pop of colour that would match the mirrored pieces on the top piece well.

Hair
As I was unaware of the exact length and texture of my model’s hair, I had to wait until the day of the show to know exactly what I was doing. However, I was prepped for all lengths and thicknesses and had noted designs for each type in a previous blog post. My models hair turned out to be shoulder length and very, very fine, so I could not add too much height to it. Due to this, I opted for the design which incorporated backcombing sections of the hair to make the hair look knotted. I tried this and did not like it, so I opted for the idea which incorporated twist. I twisted random sections of hair and backcombed the bottom section to hold the twist in place. I really liked this and thought it made the hair look like icicles.

Costume
As the costume was made to measure to my model, I did not have to change anything!! Both the top and the skirt fit her perfectly.


Overall, I am really pleased with the whole look, including my models performance. I told her to walk down the catwalk slowly with the belief she was better than everyone else to fit the snow queen character and she performed beautifully, blowing artificial snow out of the palms of her hands at the end of the runway. I would not change a thing about my design and could not be prouder.


                                 

1 comment:

  1. the tipster - a titanium a metal - India - TITANIA - TITIAN ART
    TIPSTER - a titanium a metal 출장마사지 The tipster is a firm thunder titanium lights based company, founded in 2010 with an eye titanium key ring on creating and maintaining quality titanium headers brands titanium edc and winning

    ReplyDelete