Tuesday 7 June 2016

Making the Costume... The Rose

I decided to make a whole rose to add to my piece (although I am not sure where I am putting it yet!) by combing paper rose petals I had made and painted with water colours.

I looked closely at some roses that I came across to see how closely they were placed together and the different shapes they folded in so I could make a realistic looking rose flower.

 



I began by wrapping a petal tightly around a cotton bud and securing in place using hot glue. I continued wrapping the individual petals around the cotton bud, loosening the tightness with each layer to make the rose look as if it is opening.



To add final touches to the rose, I brushed pva glue onto the edges of the petals and pressed artificial snow onto them, to fit the theme.



I may add this to the back of the hair or the back of the skirt...

No comments:

Post a Comment