Tuesday 16 December 2014

Hair Assessment- Zac Possen SS/15

Hair Assessment- Zac Possen SS/15

Products Used

  • Paddle brush
  • Hair pins and grips
  • Straighteners
  • Wet look gel
  • Pin tail comb
  • Root lifter
  • Hair spray (shine)
  • Hair dryer


After setting up my work station, ensuring all products were accessible and heated appliances were placed safely with wires tucked away, I brushed my Dolly's hair through and straightened then ends to remove any frizz from previous styling. After doing this, I sectioned the hair, parting it to the side. I then used a powder root lifter create texture and volume by rubbing it into the roots at the front of the hair to create as much texture in the hair as possible. Hair designer Odile Gilbert used the same method to create lift and texture.

Next, I applied wet look gel to the palm of my hand and run my tail comb through the gel then combed the gel through the hair directionally to ensure and even coverage. Once the hair was evenly coated in gel, I began to sculpt the shapes created by Odile Gilbert. The brief was for the hair to look as if the model had emerged from water. I began by combing the front of the hair back and creating a wave using my comb and fingers.

After studying various images from the Zac Possen SS/15 show, I created a large curve on the left side of the hair bu sculpting the shape and then used heat from the blow dryer to set the shape. I then applied this method to set the rest of the sculpted shapes. For the next 10 minutes, I concentrated on taking the hair down into the lengths of the hair for the 'just emerged from water' look. I used my fingers to run the gel through the hair. I used my last five minutes to thinly apply more gel over the heated areas as it made the gel look slightly matte.

Overall, I am really pleased with the finished result and with the techniques I applied. I tried to apply the same techniques Oribe Gilbert used to make the hairstyles as similar as possible by using ample amounts of gel and using my fingers to sculpt. I think the shapes I created were similar to Oribe Gilberts. I studied copius amounts of images and techniques used backstage so I felt quite confident with the products and techniques I was going to use.

Hair before









No comments:

Post a Comment