Thursday 4 December 2014

2.12.14 Face Charts

2.12.14 Face Charts

This lesson concentrated on creating face charts and their use. Face charts are fundamental in the fashion industry as they give an outlook on the overall look and products used in a simple format by using notes and conveying the ideal look with a detailed illustration that shows specific blending techniques and colours used. They are a makeup artist’s guide.
Professional face charts can be filled in using a range of different products ranging from lipsticks to mascaras so they are really good at showing exact colours and how buildable and blendable they are.  
I used a copy of a Mac face chart on plain paper and added detail using a mixture of eye shadows and aqua colour. My tutor, Branka gave a detailed demonstration of how to fill in a face chart correctly.
I began by using Shell from my Ben Nye Glam Shadow palette to fill in all the areas around the face and mapping out cheekbones then blending it all out. I then blended Au Naturelle over to define the cheekbones and add natural shadow. To add even more definition, Coco Brown could be used.
Next step was to fill in the eye area.

Although this is not always necessary, I used aqua colour to fill in the iris and pupil to help make the eye shadow pop. I applied Shell on the eyelid to give the eye shadow something to cling to. I decided to practise the makeup look for Burberry AW/14. I studied pictures of the makeup and opted to use Mac...... to add a subtle aubergine shade with shimmer and brighten it by blending Brownberry from my Glam shadow palette.
I used a thin black pen to line around the eyes, draw on the top lashes, which were quite minimal, so I kept them quite sparse. The eyebrows were not filled in so I drew a few lines to reflect this.

For the lips, I used aqua colour. To add dimension to the lips, I used different shades. As the lips look very sheer and natural, I added a lot of water to make it look sheer and glossy. 
For a final touch, I used aqua colour to paint on the flowing hair created for Burberry.

My face chart for Burberry AW/14


References
Stylist.co.uk, (2014). [online] Available at: http://www.stylist.co.uk/resource/binary/914f7176f29a77fae0ca1d15c1daec8a/burberry-official.jpg [Accessed 4 Dec. 2014].

No comments:

Post a Comment